- 3 (6 inch) whole wheat pita pockets
- 1 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
Cut each pita in half; open each to form a pocket. Combine mushrooms, zucchini, onions and red pepper. Microwave on high, uncovered, 3 minutes or until just tender, stirring once; drain. Stir in cheese. Divide filling among breads. Place on paper towel-lined platter; cover with paper toweling. Microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes or until filling is heated and cheese starts to melt, rotating dish once.
Recipe from the North Dakota Wheat Commission.