Sat., March 19, 2016 at 9:00am
Sat., March 19, 2016 at 6:00pm
Historical Museum of Richfield - starting point
3907 Broadview Road
Are you suffering from cabin fever? Do you want to beat the winter blues? The Richfield Historical Society has just the cure – take a generous dose of the Cabin Fever Tour on Saturday, March 19, 2016 and travel along a 12 mile stretch of Route 303 through the gently rolling hills of Hinckley, Richfield and Peninsula to visit treasure houses of local history, art, antiques, floral arrangements, gardening, handcrafted items, handicraft supplies, jewelry and much more. Enjoy food and treats for the body and soul as well. The Cabin Fever Tour was created in 2009 as a way to help support local businesses and its list of participants has grown over the years.
A map listing tour participants’ locations and hours, as well as any special promos being offered, can be picked up at the Historical Museum of Richfield, located at 3907 Broadview Road, which will be open from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. that day or any of the locations listed below.
A complete listing of tour participants (including any updates) may also be found online at www.richfieldohiohistoricalsociety.org. Establishments that will open their doors for business and special events in Richfield include:
- Benedict’s Antiques
- Country Maid Ice Cream
- Countryside Florist (stop in and get a free flower)
- The Dusty Beagle Antiques (10% off vintage jewelry)
- Historical Museum of Richfield (enter into a raffle for a special gift basket with any purchase from the museum gift shop)
- John Muni Jewelers (tour participants receive a free watch battery)
- Polka Dot Pincushion
- Richfield Branch Library (check out their book sale)
- Richfield Parks & Recreation 2nd Annual Art Show at Masonic Hall
- Rustewelle and Barker Home Furnishings & Antiquities
- The Taverne of Richfield (open for dinner at 4 p.m.)
- Treasure Loft of Richfield.
To the east in Peninsula:
- The Brown Rabbit
- Elements Gallery
- Peninsula Art Academy
- River Light Gallery
- The Log Cabin Gallery
- Trail Mix Peninsula (shop their “So Long to Winter Sale”)
- Yellow Creek Trading Co.
- Yum Yum Sweet Shop,
- The Cuyahoga Valley Historical Museum
- Peninsula Library and Historical Society (offering adult coloring and supporting Harvest for Hunger) will all be part of the Cabin Fever Tour.
To the west in Hinckley:
- The Greensmith Garden Center & Gift Shop and the Hinckley Historical Society will also offer some relief for your cabin fever and help dispel those winter blues on March 19.
For additional information about the March 19 Cabin Fever Tour, call the Historical Museum of Richfield at 330-659-0336.