SUGARCREEK, Ohio – The Ohio Central Railroad begins another season in Sugarcreek May 4.
The passenger train season continues through Oct. 26, offering a one-hour narrated trip from the Sugarcreek depot into Amish and farm country and back to Sugarcreek. Trains leave Tuesday-Saturday at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Ticket fare for adults is $9, children 3-12 is $6 and children under 3 is free.
A look ahead. The following are other trips offered this season:
* May 18-19, Dennison Railroad Festival trips. The one-hour trip travels the panhandle route of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The cost is $8 for adults and $5 for children.
* May 22-24, school specials. The one-hour trip is specifically geared toward school and youth groups. Tickets cost is $5, and teachers are complimentary. For more information call 877-278-8020.
* June 8, Dennison to Sugarcreek. The day-long trip includes a tour of Ohio Central Engine Shops at Morgan Run and a trip to Amish country. For more information call 800-571-1199.
* June 9, Steam Photo Special with 4-8-4 #6325.”
* June 15, Murder Mystery. The cost is $75 per person and includes the train ride, dinner at Jewett Opera House and drama.
* June 16, Father’s Day train ride. The cost is $30 for adults, $25 for children 3-12 and free for children under 3.
* July 27, Train/Riverboat Cruise. The day-long trip begins with a train ride from Dennison to Zanesville for a cruise on the Lorena Paddlewheel and a picnic on the shore. The cost is $100 per person.
* Aug. 3, 4, 10, Pittsburgh Flyer.
* Aug. 17, Murder Mystery. The cost is $75 per person and includes the train ride, dinner at Jewett Opera House and drama.
* Sept. 14, Triangle Train trip. The day-long trip goes from Orrville, Ohio, to Gould Tunnel and through Amish country. For more information call 330-683-2426.
* Sept. 28, Swiss Festival Flyer. The trip is from Columbus to Sugarcreek, Ohio. For more information call 614-268-4075.
* Oct. 12, Akron Railroad Club. The four-hour trip goes from Sugarcreek, Ohio, to Morgan Run. The cost is $35 for adults, $30 for children 3-12 and free for children under 3.
* Oct. 13, New Lexington Limited. The trip is from Zanesville, Ohio, to New Lexington, Ohio. Ticket cost is $20 for adults, $15 for children 3-12 and free for children under 3.
* Oct. 19-20, Apple Butter Express. The train ride goes to Roscoe Village for the annual Apple Butter Fest. For more information call 614-268-4075.
* Oct. 27, Coshocton Model Railroad Club. For more information call Roger Beighley at 740-622-8686 or Rick Jones at 740-622-0633.
* Dec. 4, Christmas school train rides. The holiday train ride will have Santa on board. Tickets are $5, and teachers are complimentary. For more information call 877-278-8020.
* Dec. 5-7, 12-13, Polar Express. The two-hour evening trip is based on The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. Tickets are $14 for adults and $10 for children.
* December 7, Santa train rides. The trip is during the Christmas in Dreamsville Festival in Dennison, Ohio. The cost is $9 for adults, $6 for children 3-12 and free for children under 3.
* Dec. 14, Bethlehem Express. Cost is $14 for adults and $10 for children.
For other ticket information call Ohio Central Railroad Passenger Department at 866-850-4676.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!