MAUMEE, Ohio — The Andersons, Inc. has made multiple operational updates at five grain facilities to improve service for customers. These facilities include:
• Delphi, Ind. grain facility — The Delphi facility has increased its storage capacity and finished the construction of a new dump system which improves its ability to meet increasing customer demands during harvest.
Two new bins at the facility increase the amount of storage capacity by 1.5 million bushels. The dump system, which includes a new scale, will help the facility to efficiently handle separate commodities with varying grades when they are being unloaded from customers’ trucks.
• Oakville, Ind. grain facility — The Oakville facility has expanded the railcar capacity from a 50 car siding to a 75 car siding which will allow the facility to sell into a larger network of rail destinations. The facility is now in a more competitive rail market which will allow for more of a competitive inbound price for customers.
• Reading, Mich. grain facility — The Reading facility has completed three updates to its operations that include an increase in storage capacity to 3.8 million bushels with the addition of two grain bins, a new dump pit that allows up to 15,000 bushels to be unloaded per hour and a new leg that will efficiently move 30,000 bushels per hour.
• White Pigeon, Mich. grain facility — The White Pigeon facility has added a new 730,000 bushel bin which is the fourth bin added in the past five years. This increase in storage makes the White Pigeon facility a convenient location for customers to deliver their grain.
• Champaign, Ill. grain facility — The addition of a new 10,000 bushel per hour Zimmerman Dryer will double the drying capacity and improve the output quality of grain as it is being handled because it is being dried with less heat. The dryer allows high moisture corn to be passed through twice with reduced stress and broken kernels.
“These updates enable us to maintain our strong customer service while at the same time improving operations and providing customers with a more efficient process when delivering their grain,” said Mike Kiel, director, grain operations.
The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company with interests in the grain, ethanol and plant nutrient sectors of U.S. agriculture, as well as in railcar leasing and repair, turf products production, and general merchandise retailing.
Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company now has operations across the U.S., in Puerto Rico, and has rail equipment leasing interests in Canada and Mexico.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!