REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio — The winners for the 2011 “Agriculture is Cool” visual arts contest have been announced.
Ohio school children enrolled in school or home-schooled during the 2010-2011 academic year shared their personal interpretation of why Ohio agriculture is “cool” for their chance to win Brad Paisley tickets at the Ohio State Fair.
Entries, which included an original video, photograph, drawing, or painting were judged in the four different categories: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
Seven entries were selected as winners in their respective categories.
• K-2 Drawing, painting: Brandon Barr, Xenia, Greene County, age 8
• K-2 Photograph: Kaitlyn Zeedyk, Hicksville, Defiance County, age 7
• 3-5 Drawing, painting: Annie Cvelbar, Euclid, Cuyahoga County, age 11
• 3-5 Photograph: Thomas Gress, Shreve, Wayne County, age 9
• 6-8 Drawing, painting: Samantha Murphy, Fayetteville, Brown County, age 13
• 6-8 Photograph: Sydney Black, Ashville, Pickaway County, age 14
• 9-12 All: Diane Gress, Shreve, Wayne County, age 16
Best in show. A video produced by 16-year old Diane Gress of Shreve was chosen as the 2011 Best in Show entry.
All entries were judged by a panel that included representatives from the Ohio Department of Agriculture, the office of the governor and professionals in the areas of video production, photography and other visual arts.