YOUNGSTOWN — The Youngstown Press Club will award $2,000 scholarships to college juniors or seniors from the Mahoning or Shenango valleys who are studying journalism or a related field.
One of these awards will go to a journalism major and the other to a student of public relations, marketing, broadcasting or another communications-related field.
* Submit proof of a 3.0 or higher grade point average.
* Be entering their junior or senior year of college.
* Submit at least two writing or broadcast samples.
* Meet the June 30 application deadline.
* Reside in Mahoning, Trumbull, Columbiana, Mercer or Lawrence counties, but they may be attending college elsewhere.
Applicants should provide examples of community involvement.
The application form is at yopressclub.com/scholarship.html.
After completing that form, applicants should download it to their computers and e-mail the form and all attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend the Youngstown Press Club’s Sept. 7 Hall of Fame and Awards Banquet at Stambaugh Auditorium.
The Youngstown Press Club was re-established in 2018 to promote journalism and other communication-related professions in the Mahoning Valley.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!