- 5 medium apples
- 1 ¼ cups bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease a glass or ceramic baking dish and preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pare the apples and cut them into thin slices. Toss the bread crumbs with the melted fat in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the hot water, lemon juice, corn syrup, salt and cinnamon together.
- Distribute a third of the bread crumb mixture into the bottom of the greased dish and top with half of the sliced apples and half of the liquid. Repeat with another layer of bread crumbs, apples and liquid and top with the remaining bread crumbs. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!