Submitted by: Tammy Reese at Farm and Dairy
- 4 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar or equivalent sugar substitute
- 4 cups of gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of nutella
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease and flour loaf pans. (2 large loaf pans, 3 small loaf pans, or 6 mini loaf pans depending on the size loafs you want to make).
- Peel and mash the bananas and mix with chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Cream butter, eggs and sugar together.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until it forms small crumbles.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the warm water. Mix into the flour mixture.
- Stir in the bananas and chocolate chip mixture.
- Warm the nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Divide half the mixture into the prepared loaf pans.
- Spread half the nutella on top of the mixture in the loaf pans. You can make patterns by running your spatula through the nutella.
- Spread the remaining bread mixture on top of the nutella.
- Pour the remaining nutella on the top of each loaf and swirl with your spatula.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Cover with foil after 45 minutes to prevent the top from becoming too dark.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, flip the loaves on their side and let cool the rest of the way.