- 2 pork rib chops, 1 1/4-inches thick
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 apple juice
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
Heat oven to 425°. Cut opening in each chop from rib side, widening pocket without cutting through to other side of the chop; set aside. For stuffing, in medium saucepan, cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until tender, stirring about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, apple, 1 tablespoon orange juice, sage and pepper. Fill pocket of each chop with equal amount of stuffing; place in shallow baking dish, brush with remaining tablespoon orange juice. Roast 20 minutes or until browned.
Meanwhile for sauce, in small saucepan melt remaining tablespoon butter. Stir in cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in apple juice. Add raisins and orange zest. Cook, stirring over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.