- 1 soybean oil cooking spray
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons low sodium baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 4 oz. apricot preserves with sugar substitute (plus extra to spread on tops)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
Heat oven to 350°. Coat 6 muffin cups with no-stick spray. Combine flour, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl. Beat together egg, oil and milk. Blend in preserves and almond extract. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups evenly with batter. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Spread tops with a thin layer of preserves before serving. Makes 6 servings. (To prepare the night before, measure dry ingredients and cover. Combine egg, oil, milk and preserves as directed. Refrigerate. Mix together the next morning, adding the almond extract just before baking. Bake as directed.)
Amount Per Serving Calories 148.1 Total Carbs 23.6 g Dietary Fiber 0.6 g Sugars 0.4 g Total Fat 5.7 g
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!