- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- Pepper to taste
- 5 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- n a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and thyme in butter.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pepper.
- Cut noodles in half; place four noodles in a greased 11-inch by 7-inch baking dish.
- Layer a third of the white sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham and asparagus over noodles.
- Top with three noodles and another layer of sauce, cheese, ham and asparagus.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!