- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- For barbecue sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the next 13 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spread about 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles and half of the beef.
- Spread with half of the remaining barbecue sauce; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, cheddar and Colby cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg; spoon evenly over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!