- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 s fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 fully cooked ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh basil, oregano and rosemary
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ozs. uncooked linguine
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
In large skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in asparagus. Cover and cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, ham, basil, oregano and rosemary. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in large bowl. Add asparagus mixture and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!