- 2 large (1 pound) fresh tomatoes
- 6 ounces sliced ham, cut in strips (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (1-1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons creamy mustard blend
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
- 4 large hard round (Kaiser) rolls, cut in halves
- Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe. Core tomatoes; cut in large chunks; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl combine ham, cheese, mustard blend and horseradish. Gently stir in tomatoes.
- Remove the inside from the bottom portion of each roll, leaving ½ to ¾-inch thick shells. Place on a baking sheet.
- Fill each shell with about 1 cup of the tomato mixture; top with upper portion of roll.
- Bake until heated through and cheese starts to melt, about 15 minutes.