Banana Walnut Bread
- 3 very ripe large bananas
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a bread loaf pan. Coarsely chop walnuts.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar.
- Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt then add to batter.
- Add vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let banana bread rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!