- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 1/2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 8 to 12 romaine leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rub steaks with 2 teaspoons pepper; place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add salad dressing; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush romaine, tomatoes and onion with oil.
- Grill tomatoes and onion, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onion is crisp-tender. Grill romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through.
- Wrap vegetables in foil and set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally withbutter.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt and remaining pepper.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!