- 12 ounces cooked (leftover) beef Brisket, cubed or shredded (2-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups canned diced green chiles
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
- Dairy sour cream, tortilla chips, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped avocado or guacamole
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beef Brisket, chiles and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons sour cream. Garnish with additional sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese, avocado or guacamole, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!