- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 2 (12 oz.) packages vegetarian burger crumbles
- 3 (28 oz.) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn
Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Stir in onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green Chile peppers. When vegetables are heated through, mix in vegetarian burger crumbles. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes. Mix tomatoes into pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper. Stir in kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!