- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 2 pounds chicken legs and thighs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cups maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each oil and butter in a large, heavy, nonreactive skillet.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and add to the pan when the oil and butter are hot and bubbly.
- Sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 1 minute per side or until a light crust forms.
- Remove to a baking dish and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and butter to the skillet and, when hot, stir in shallots and cook until soft and lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes.
- Add blueberries and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary, remaining salt and pepper and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the blueberries have collapsed.
- Pour the blueberry balsamic mixture over chicken and put baking dish in the top half of the oven for about 10 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through to a temperature of 165°F.