Ingredients for Crumble
- ½ cup – light brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons – unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons – clover honey
- ½ teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup – all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons – kosher salt
Ingredients for Muffins
- 2 cups – all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons – baking powder
- ½ teaspoon – kosher salt
- 1 cup – sugar
- ½ cup – unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons – honey (use a mild, light varietal)
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 2 – large eggs
- ½ cup – milk
- 2 cups – fresh blueberries
Directions for the salted honey crumble:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the brown sugar, butter, clover honey and vanilla; beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Mix on low speed just until the mixture comes together and develops a sandy texture.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 30 minutes.
Directions for the muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 12 muffin cups and dust with flour.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together sugar, butter, honey and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well; stir in milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in blueberries using a rubber spatula.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle each top with 1 tablespoon of the salted honey crumble.
- Bake on the center rack of oven until golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!