- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 20 biscuits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cover the bottom of a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan with biscuits; set aside.
- Crumble sausage into large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain; place sausage in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-5 minutes or until tender; add to the sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray.
- Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until nearly set.
- Add sausage and vegetable mixture; cook and stir until completely set.
- Spread egg mixture over biscuits.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 12 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10-13 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!