Yield: 4 servings
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces chopped, fresh broccoli OR 10 ounces frozen, chopped broccoli (thawed)
- 1 medium carrot (chopped)
- 1 medium rib of celery (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, stir together the broth, broccoli, carrot, celery, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half and flour. Stir into the saucepan. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese. Remove from the heat. Stir until the cheese is melted.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!