- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 64 pecan halves
- Line 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges. Lightly butter foil. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, 1 cup half & half, corn syrup and butter in 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15-18 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Add remaining half & half. Continue cooking, stirring often, 45-55 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 245°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm ball.
- Pour into prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate just 1-1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 64 pieces. Drop 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate on top of each caramel; press pecan half into chocolate. Cover; store refrigerated.