Ingredients for Cheesecake:
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for Caramel Sauce:
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Heat oven to 300°F. Wrap outside of 9- or 10-inch spring-form pan in heavy-duty foil. In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of un-greased pan.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave 20 caramels and 1/2 cup of the apple butter uncovered on High 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup apple butter; set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. On low speed, beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Reserve 1/2 cup batter. Fold caramel mixture into remaining batter without mixing it in completely, leaving a few streaks. Pour over crust. Drop spoonfuls of reserved batter over the top. Cut through batter several times with knife for marbled design.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until center looks almost set when pan is jiggled. Without releasing side of pan, run metal spatula carefully around cheesecake to loosen. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes, then remove from oven; cool completely at room temperature, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Run metal spatula around cheesecake to loosen again. Remove side of pan; leave cheesecake on bottom of pan to serve.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 30 caramels and the half-and-half over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are completely melted. Serve warm or cool over slices of cheesecake.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!