- 10 wrapped Milk or Dark Chocolate Caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 TSP baking soda
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Cut each Caramel into quarters and freeze several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and shortening in large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt—then add them to your butter mixture until thoroughly blended.
- With heavy wooden spoon (batter is thick), stir in chopped caramels, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Place 6 cookies (rounded, ¼-cup of dough for each) on each lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of your cookies are lightly browned.
- Once finished, place the cookie sheet on wire rack and cool about one minute then use the edge of a knife or spatula to push melted the caramel back to edges of cookie.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!