- 1 Fresh Whole Turkey Breast
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prepare covered grill for cooking. Place turkey breast in shallow roasting pan.
In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Loosen skin from breast to form a pocket. Rub half the seasoning mixture under skin and remainder over outside of breast. Cover and refrigerate until coals are ready.
Stack hot coals in a double layer at either end of drip pan with 6 to 8 unlit coals at outer edge of fire. Add 1 cup water to drip pan.
Place turkey on grill, skin side down, 5 to 6 inches over drip pan. Grill, covered, 15 to 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer, inserted in thickest part of breast, registers 170° F, turning 3 to 4 times during cooking.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!