Submitted by our Reader’s Kitchen Week Two Winner: Kathi Hamilton
- 1 lb pkg noodles, elbow for us and Inn maid for company,(4lbs)
- 2 lbs hamburger, (8lbs)
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke (4Tbsp)
- 1 large onion (4)
- 2 cups peas (8)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (8)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (4)
- 1 cup sour cream (4)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown hamburger in skillet with liquid smoke and onion.
- Add soups, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles until almost soft; drain.
- Combine noodles and hamburger mixture in 6 quarts slow cooker and heat.
- Add peas during the last 1/2 hour so they stay green.
Note: The amount of ingredients listed in parentheses is the amount needed for 1 large electric roaster. Heat at 325 for 1 1/2 hours. Servers approximateley 85. I make a homemade thick white sauce to replace the soups.