Submitted by our Reader’s Kitchen Week One Winner: Brenda Baker
- 1 box yellow cake mix (for chocolate lovers use a chocolate cake mix)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 can Eagle Brand Condensed milk
- 1 cup (or more) chocolate chips
- Put cake mix in mixing bowl. Add the eggs and oil and beat until eggs are mixed in well. Will be stiff. Add a few chocolate chips if desired. Put half of the batter in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Melt butter, peanut butter, condensed milk, chocolate chips until smooth.
- Pour this mixture on top of the cake batter in the baking pan. Smooth out to the edges.
- Add the remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over the top of the chocolate layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 22-30 minutes. I bake for about 22 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.