Submitted by our Reader’s Kitchen Week One Winner: Brenda Baker
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, cut into cubes
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup mayonnaise – I use Helmans (you can also use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 plain yogurt)
- 1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds (sauteed in butter until golden)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- onions finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a mixing bowl,mix all ingredients except cheese and potato chips. Stir until well blended. Spoon into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese and then the chips over top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbling through at 350 degrees.
Brenda’s Notes: I made my own croutons by melting butter and cubing a couple of slices of bread and put in the oven until browned.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!