Submitted by our Reader’s Kitchen Week One Winner: Brenda Baker
- 1 round loaf of King Hawaiian Bread
- 1-8 oz. package of shredded cheddar cheese
- -8 oz. package shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- Cut across the top of the bread down to the tin pie pan level with a serrated knife. Then turn the pan and cut down the opposite way so it looks like a checkerboard. Place the bread (still in the pie pan) on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together 1-8 oz. package of shredded cheddar cheese and 1-8 oz. package shredded swiss cheese ( You can use slab cheese – just cut it into slices) and you can use cheeses of your choice. Put the cheese down into the bread where it has been sliced.
- Melt together 1 1/2 sticks butter
- Mix together and pour over the top of the bread and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!