Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups (1 lb.) cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. about 3 1/2 cups vegetables: such as broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, 2 1/2 cups creamy mushroom or broccoli soup (not condensed–*see note)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, evenly layer the rice and then chicken. Sprinkle with the salt. Layer with the vegetables. Slowly and evenly pour the soup on top. Sprinkle with the cheese. *Be sure to use a ready-to-eat creamy soup, not condensed. If all you have is condensed, thin it out with milk, broth, or water before adding to the casserole.
- Bake uncovered until steaming hot, about 30 minutes, and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!