- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 small jar pimientos
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 1/2 can Chinese noodles
- 3/4 slivered almonds, toasted
Cook onion and celery in 1/2 cup water until barely tender. Add enough water to vegetable stock to make 2 cups. Stir some cool stock into the flour, return to pot, bring to boil and stir until thickened. saute mushrooms in butter 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, chestnuts, pimientos and chicken to celery sauce. Pour into 3-quart casserole and top with Chinese noodles and almonds Bake, uncovered at 350° 45 minutes. One and 1/2 lbs. cooked shrimp may be substituted for meat.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!