- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Combine the 1/2 c. sugar with the salt, egg yolks, and milk in the top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in softened gelatin and pawpaw puree. Chill until a spoonful holds its shape (about half an hour).
- Beat the egg whites stiff with 1/4 c. of white sugar. Fold egg whites and half of the whipped cream into the filling.
- Pour into the baked pastry shell. Spread remaining whipped cream on top of pie. Serves 6 to 8.
NOTE: Graham cracker crust may be used instead of the pastry shell.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!