- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in baking chips.
- Whisk 1 cup cream and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Pat into a 9-inch circle.
- Cut into 12 wedges.
- Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining cream.
- Combine coarse sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!