- 8 12-inch metal skewers*
- 1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin or beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 8 oz. medium mushrooms
- 2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons crumbled, feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Cut beef steaks into ¼ inch pieces. Combine seasoning ingredients in large bowl. Add beef, mushrooms and bell pepper pieces; toss to coat. Alternately thread beef and vegetable pieces evenly onto skewers, leaving small spaces between pieces. Place kabobs on grid over medium ash covered coals. Grill kabobs, covered, 7 ? 9 minutes (over medium heat on pre-heated gas grill, covered, 9 -11 minutes) for medium rare (145°) to medium (160°) doneness, turning once. Season kabobs with salt, as desired. Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small bowl. Serve with kabobs.
* Eight 12-inch bamboo skewers may be substituted for metal skewers. Soak bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes before using; drain.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!