- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 pounds Laura’s Lean Eye of Round Roast cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 large celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 medium carrots
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2 pounds) cut into eighths
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fat-free beef stock (double strength)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- On medium-high heat, sear meat cubes in skillet until browned on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, combine canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over meat and vegetables in roasting pan.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250?F and bake for 2 hours or until meat is very tender to the fork. Baste occasionally.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!