Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Ingredients for Casserole:
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes (approximately 3 pounds raw sweet potatoes), peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the cooked sweet potatoes.
- Add the 1/2 cup butter or margarine, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Place sweet-potato mixture in a greased 9-x-13-inch baking dish.
- Crumble topping over sweet-potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.