- 1 1/2 s all-purpose flour
- 3/4 finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Kaluha or other coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1/2 sifted powdered sugar
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients; mix well. Press firmly into 2 greased 9-inch pie plates. Bake at 350° 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Cream 3/4 cup butter; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate and 1 tablespoon coffee powder; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour filling into baked pie crusts. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Before serving beat whipping cream, 2 tablespoons coffee powder and coffee liqueur until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Spread over chilled pies. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!