- 1 1/2 s all-purpose flour
- 3/4 finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Kaluha or other coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1/2 sifted powdered sugar
- chocolate curls (optional)
Combine first 7 ingredients; mix well. Press firmly into 2 greased 9-inch pie plates. Bake at 350° 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
Cream 3/4 cup butter; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate and 1 tablespoon coffee powder; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour filling into baked pie crusts. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Before serving beat whipping cream, 2 tablespoons coffee powder and coffee liqueur until soft peaks form. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Spread over chilled pies. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!