- For the dressing:
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt, divided
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon additional pepper (optional)
- For the salad:
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce (1 small head)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 slices cooked turkey breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 egg, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby or Colby Jack cheese
For the dressing: Place 1 cup of yogurt, basil, parsley, chives, lemon juice, honey and pepper in a blender or food processor. Cover and pulse until smooth (dressing will be green in color). Pour yogurt mixture into a medium bowl; stir in remaining yogurt and mayonnaise until just blended; refrigerate until ready to serve. Note: Dressing may be prepared up to 2 days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For the salad: Place lettuce at the bottom of a bowl and sprinkle the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, turkey, bacon bits, egg and Colby cheese on top. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.
Recipe provided by the National Dairy Council.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!