Submitted by: Rosalie Parker, Week Four’s Reader’s Kitchen 2016 Winner
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 (1 lb.) roll of sausage (Bob Evans original or Jimmy Dean)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine catsup, sugar and mustard. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and 1/3 cup of the catsup sauce. Mix well.
- In a large shallow baking dish, shape into loaf. Bake for an hour; remove from oven.
- Pour remaining sauce over loaf and bake for 10 minutes longer.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!