Submitted by: Rosalie Parker, Week Four’s Reader’s Kitchen 2016 Winner
- 2 cups fresh or frozen chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups EACH fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries *
- 4 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 pastry-lined pie crusts
- Combine filling ingredients. Spoon filling into the 2 pie shells.
- Either top with a pastry crust, or add a streusel topping to each: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup flour.
- Cut butter into sugar and flour mixture with a pastry blender until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour until filling is hot and bubbling.
*NOTE: I mix and match the berries…sometimes add blackberries … to make 6 cups.