- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 to 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine
- 1 (3 oz.) can mushrooms
- parsley, chopped
- pimiento, chopped
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 pkg. frozen artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. crab meat
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon cornflake crumbs
Mix flour with butter in saucepan and gradually stir in milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Slowly blend in stock. Add Cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce; cook until cheese melts. Add sherry, mushrooms, parsley and pimiento; remove from heat. Place rice in bottom of buttered casserole. Alternate layers of artichoke hearts, eggs, crab meat and water chestnuts. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cornflake crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley or mixed herbs.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!