Submitted by Roy Deemer of Minford, Ohio
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup hot water
- Food coloring and candy flavoring as desired
- Cook all ingredients without stirring to soft crackle, 261°.
- Pour on marble top if possible for best results; or greased tray until cool.
- Add flavoring and coloring if desired.
- Pull candy until creamy. Lay out like taffy.
Notice: If you pull too long, it will get hard in your hands; not long enough, it will not get hard.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!