- 3/4 whipped cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1/4 finely shredded mild Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 garlic and herb bread crumbs
- 3 (6 oz.) cans white crabmeat, well drained
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 (16.3 oz.) can flaky, layered refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Heat oven to 375°. Spray 16 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, lemon juice, pepper sauce, Cheddar cheese, green onions, paprika, bread crumbs, crabmeat and celery until well blended. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; then peel in half to make 16 biscuits. Press or roll each into 5-inch round. Place 1 biscuit round in each muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 1/4-inch rim over edge of cup. Place 2 tablespoons crab mixture in bottoms of muffin cups. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until filling is set and edges of biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle each with chopped parsley; lightly press into filling. Remove biscuit cups from pan; serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!