- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cooked, deveined shrimp, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 eggs, beaten until slightly bubbly
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons (additional) peanut oil
- 1/4 butter
- 1/4 flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1 canned bean sprouts, drained
Place onion, garlic and oil in skillet over moderate heat and saute until onion becomes limp and transparent. Add pieces of shrimp and saute until they begin to turn golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Mix eggs, MSG, salt and pepper thoroughly. Add shrimp and onion mixture and mix all well.
Place additional peanut oil in skillet which has a tightly fitting cover over low heat; add egg mixture and cook very slowly, covered, until eggs are firm. Fold in half and place on oven-proof platter under broiler until golden brown.
For sauce, melt butter in same skillet. Stir in flour until smoothly blended. Add sugar, hot bouillon water and soy sauce. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened. Add bean sprouts and continue to cook a few seconds longer until heated through. Pour sauce over shrimp omelet and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!