- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (16-ounces) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4-ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 T. Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch cubes. In shallow bowl, combine flour and 1 teaspoon cumin; toss chicken in flour mixture. Heat vegetable oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently. Remove chicken to bowl. In drippings remaining in saucepan, cook celery and green pepper over medium heat until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in beans, chicken broth, green chilies, lime juice, TABASCO® Sauce, salt, remaining 1 teaspoon of cumin and browned chicken. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley.
Serve with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!