- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in oil, egg and vanilla to blend thoroughly. Mix in oats, corn flakes and sunflower kernels
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; mix into butter mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Drop generous tablespoons of dough, spaced 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly by criss-crossing tops of cookies with fork. Sprinkle with additional sunflower kernels, if desired.
- Bake about 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on pans 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.Makes about 4 Dozen Cookies
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!