- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 6 cups)
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, celery, peppers and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- Spoon into freezer containers.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Stir before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!