- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can condensed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apple brandy, cider or apple juice
- 3 Empire apples, cored and sliced
- 6 artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 1/8 teaspoon each, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Brown chicken breasts on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Stir in sliced onion, apples, artichokes, broth, juice and spices. Cook 3 minutes. Spread chicken breasts in skillet; arrange apples, onion and artichokes on top. Simmer covered, about 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and heated through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley or dill and apple slices before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!