- 8 oz. whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 8-oz container mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, without added salt or fat.
- In a plastic bag, combine flour and garlic powder.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Shake off excess coating from chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté half of chicken in 1 Tbsp oil until no longer pink, stirring frequently. (Flour coating may stick to pan.)
- Remove to a clean plate and repeat with remaining 1 Tbsp oil and remaining chicken.
- Meanwhile, chop tomatoes into bit-sized pieces and place in a small heat-safe bowl.
- Add boiling water and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain off any remaining liquid.
- Add all chicken to pan along with mushrooms, garlic, broth, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper, if desired.
- Continue cooking until mushrooms begin to shrink and broth thickens into a light sauce.
- Stir in the tomatoes and heat through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti and cheese and toss to coat.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!